Monday, July 03, 2006

The Closest Thing to a Bona Fide Summer Break

The Far-Eastern Sweet Potato will be slowing down a little for the next two weeks—though I promise that things aren’t grinding to a complete halt. It is not a hiatus, but a temporary shift to a slower gear. I am in the last stages of editing a non-fiction book I have been working on for almost a year now; in fact, I took two weeks off from my regular job so that I could work full-time on, and finally complete, this project. Today was the first day I did so, and I am pleased to report that I made good progress. While most of the manuscript is already written, I still have about 100 pages, or 37,000 words, to edit. (Readers who are not familiar with the project I am referring to might be interested to learn that it is specifically about one subject that I have frequently written about on this blog.)

For those among you who haven’t been able to keep up with my writing, this should provide the opportunity, if you so desire, to catch up.

Thank you for your understanding, and be assured that over the next two weeks I will do my best to provide the occasional piece.

No comments: